Fast Show star Charlie Higson makes it a hat-trick at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Charlie Higson made it a hat-trick at the Emirates Stadium when he chaired a University Challenge-style quiz for the third time.
The writer and Fast Show star, who lives in Tufnell Park, once again took on the Jeremy Paxman role in the quick-fire Young Consumers of the Year contest.
The quiz, which pitted Islington schools against each other, aimed to teach young people about their rights as consumers, how to look after their money and how to spot scams.
Central Foundation Boys’ School triumphed over Highbury Grove School and St Aloysius’ College to win the final, and will go on to compete for Islington at the London regional final at the O2 Arena on March 19.
Jan Hart, Islington Council’s service director of public protection, said: “It’s important young people know how to avoid being scammed and how to manage money, especially in these difficult times.
You may also want to watch:
“The level of knowledge was very impressive and congratulations to Central Foundation.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London