Fast Show star Charlie Higson makes it a hat-trick at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Charlie Higson made it a hat-trick at the Emirates Stadium when he chaired a University Challenge-style quiz for the third time.
The writer and Fast Show star, who lives in Tufnell Park, once again took on the Jeremy Paxman role in the quick-fire Young Consumers of the Year contest.
The quiz, which pitted Islington schools against each other, aimed to teach young people about their rights as consumers, how to look after their money and how to spot scams.
Central Foundation Boys’ School triumphed over Highbury Grove School and St Aloysius’ College to win the final, and will go on to compete for Islington at the London regional final at the O2 Arena on March 19.
Jan Hart, Islington Council’s service director of public protection, said: “It’s important young people know how to avoid being scammed and how to manage money, especially in these difficult times.
You may also want to watch:
“The level of knowledge was very impressive and congratulations to Central Foundation.”
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque