Older people can apply for seat at Islington’s festive feast
- Credit: Archant
Older people living in Islington can now apply for an “afternoon of food, fun and joy” at the Christmas feast on December 12.
The council’s annual shindig is open to those aged 70 and over – and there are 100 spaces available for the Islington Assembly Hall banquet.
The Mayor of Islington and his fellow councillors will help run the event, where the community elders can enjoy food, drink and other festive treats.
The deputy leader of Islington Council, Cllr Janet Burgess, said: “This time of year is a perfect opportunity to bring older residents in our community together, say thank you for all they contribute and welcome in the festive season.
“As ever, I am so excited to welcome local residents to the Town Hall and look forward to an afternoon of lots of food, fun and joy.”
You may also want to watch:
The festive feasts have been running since 2010.
If you are an Islington resident aged 70 or over, call 020 7572 2525 to book your place.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Phone lines are open between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. You are advised to book as soon as possible, places fill up fast.