Older people can apply for seat at Islington’s festive feast
- Credit: Archant
Older people living in Islington can now apply for an “afternoon of food, fun and joy” at the Christmas feast on December 12.
The council’s annual shindig is open to those aged 70 and over – and there are 100 spaces available for the Islington Assembly Hall banquet.
The Mayor of Islington and his fellow councillors will help run the event, where the community elders can enjoy food, drink and other festive treats.
The deputy leader of Islington Council, Cllr Janet Burgess, said: “This time of year is a perfect opportunity to bring older residents in our community together, say thank you for all they contribute and welcome in the festive season.
“As ever, I am so excited to welcome local residents to the Town Hall and look forward to an afternoon of lots of food, fun and joy.”
You may also want to watch:
The festive feasts have been running since 2010.
If you are an Islington resident aged 70 or over, call 020 7572 2525 to book your place.
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 7 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients
Phone lines are open between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. You are advised to book as soon as possible, places fill up fast.