Older people can apply for seat at Islington’s festive feast
- Credit: Archant
Older people living in Islington can now apply for an “afternoon of food, fun and joy” at the Christmas feast on December 12.
The council’s annual shindig is open to those aged 70 and over – and there are 100 spaces available for the Islington Assembly Hall banquet.
The Mayor of Islington and his fellow councillors will help run the event, where the community elders can enjoy food, drink and other festive treats.
The deputy leader of Islington Council, Cllr Janet Burgess, said: “This time of year is a perfect opportunity to bring older residents in our community together, say thank you for all they contribute and welcome in the festive season.
“As ever, I am so excited to welcome local residents to the Town Hall and look forward to an afternoon of lots of food, fun and joy.”
You may also want to watch:
The festive feasts have been running since 2010.
If you are an Islington resident aged 70 or over, call 020 7572 2525 to book your place.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Phone lines are open between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. You are advised to book as soon as possible, places fill up fast.