Fifth man charged with Aarron McKoy killing in Clerkenwell on New Year’s Day
A fifth man has been charged with murder after Aarron Mckoy was shot dead in Clerkenwell on New Year’s Day.
The 22-year-old from Hackney appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates court earlier today (Friday) and will remain in custody before appearing at the Old Bailey on Monday.
The four other men charged with murder in connection with the killing are Pierre Dennis, 22 of Thornberry Close, Newington Green, Ceon Hewitt, 21, of High Street, Wickford, Dean Smith, 25, from Lordship Road, Stoke Newington, and Jack Nichols, 20, of High Street, Wickford.
All four are due to appear at the Old Bailey on April 13.
Mr McKoy, from Hackney, was gunned down at around 4am on January 1 while celebrating his 22nd birthday.
You may also want to watch:
He was killed in Portpool Lane and died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Police say Mr McKoy had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall before he was killed.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
On January 2, a 22-year-old was arrested in connection with the murder and was released on bail to return to police at a later date.