Fifth teenager charged with murder of Anas Mezenner
- Credit: Met Police
A fifth teenager has been charged after a 17-year-old Islington student was fatally stabbed near Turnpike Lane station.
Anas Mezenner, a City and Islington College pupil, was knifed in West Green Road at the junction with Willow Walk at 9.10pm on January 19.
Despite paramedics delivering CPR at the scene, Anas died in the Royal London Hospital just before 4.30am the next day.
Another boy the same age was also stabbed, but his injuries were not life-threatening.
A 17-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder on January 23 had been released on bail, and was re-arrested yesterday (February 9) and charged.
You may also want to watch:
He was due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today.
Four other teenagers have already been charged with murder.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Two 16-year-old boys were charged with murder and possession of points and blades, and appeared at North London Magistrates' Court on January 22.
Another two boys, aged 16 and 14, were charged with murder, attempted murder and possession of bladed weapons and appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on January 29.
A plea and trial preparation hearing is set for April 13.