Neighbour pays tribute to ‘quiet, kind and senstive’ mother who died in Finsbury Park flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A neighbour today paid tribute to the “kind and sensitive” mother who has died from burns sustained in a Finsbury Park flat fire.
Kaltoun Saleh, 43, who died on Tuesday, was taken to a north London hospital after the blaze started in her flat at Noll House, Corker Way, on July 5.
Ms Saleh was later transferred to a specialist burns unit. In the wake of her death this week, police have launched a murder investigation.
One of her immediate neighbours, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity, said: “She was a good person and they are a nice family.”
They added: “She was very quiet, kind and sensitive and always looked after her children.”
You may also want to watch:
Multiple neighbours also said there was a police presence outside the flat for weeks after the incident.
Emergency services, including two fire crews, were called to the blaze on the Andover Estate at about 2.50pm on July 5.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
Four kids were also taken to hospital for precautionary checks, but they were not seriously injured.
Abdi Quule, 42, also of Noll House, Corker Walk, was discovered at the scene of the fire and treated for burns at hospital.
He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and charged on August 4, appearing in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ court the same day. He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Thursday.
Did you know Ms Saleh? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: email@example.com