Neighbour pays tribute to ‘quiet, kind and senstive’ mother who died in Finsbury Park flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A neighbour today paid tribute to the “kind and sensitive” mother who has died from burns sustained in a Finsbury Park flat fire.
Kaltoun Saleh, 43, who died on Tuesday, was taken to a north London hospital after the blaze started in her flat at Noll House, Corker Way, on July 5.
Ms Saleh was later transferred to a specialist burns unit. In the wake of her death this week, police have launched a murder investigation.
One of her immediate neighbours, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity, said: “She was a good person and they are a nice family.”
They added: “She was very quiet, kind and sensitive and always looked after her children.”
Multiple neighbours also said there was a police presence outside the flat for weeks after the incident.
Emergency services, including two fire crews, were called to the blaze on the Andover Estate at about 2.50pm on July 5.
- 1 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 2 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 3 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 4 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 5 Actors present prizes at Islington Education Awards 2022
- 6 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 7 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 8 Caledonian artist attempting to paint 100 London pubs
- 9 'White lives matter' graffiti removed in Archway after two months
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
Four kids were also taken to hospital for precautionary checks, but they were not seriously injured.
Abdi Quule, 42, also of Noll House, Corker Walk, was discovered at the scene of the fire and treated for burns at hospital.
He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and charged on August 4, appearing in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ court the same day. He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Thursday.
Did you know Ms Saleh? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: firstname.lastname@example.org