Neighbour pays tribute to ‘quiet, kind and senstive’ mother who died in Finsbury Park flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A neighbour today paid tribute to the “kind and sensitive” mother who has died from burns sustained in a Finsbury Park flat fire.
Kaltoun Saleh, 43, who died on Tuesday, was taken to a north London hospital after the blaze started in her flat at Noll House, Corker Way, on July 5.
Ms Saleh was later transferred to a specialist burns unit. In the wake of her death this week, police have launched a murder investigation.
One of her immediate neighbours, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity, said: “She was a good person and they are a nice family.”
They added: “She was very quiet, kind and sensitive and always looked after her children.”
You may also want to watch:
Multiple neighbours also said there was a police presence outside the flat for weeks after the incident.
Emergency services, including two fire crews, were called to the blaze on the Andover Estate at about 2.50pm on July 5.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Four kids were also taken to hospital for precautionary checks, but they were not seriously injured.
Abdi Quule, 42, also of Noll House, Corker Walk, was discovered at the scene of the fire and treated for burns at hospital.
He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and charged on August 4, appearing in custody at Highbury Magistrates’ court the same day. He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Thursday.
Did you know Ms Saleh? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: firstname.lastname@example.org