Finsbury Park gets facelift to attract more shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Town hall bosses are investing in Finsbury Park’s high streets to attract more shoppers.
They are helping transform shop fronts in Stroud Green Road, Blackstock Road and Fonthill Road.
Opera, a women’s special occasion clothes shop in Fonthill Road, is the first of 20 to receive a facelift, with all works due to finish in January.
Owner Vava Mouhtari said: “I think the work to improve the look of the area is very good. People in Fonthill Road have noticed the difference.”
Finsbury Park Cllr Asima Shaikh, who is also Islington’s economic development leader, said: “Finsbury Park is a fantastic area with a huge amount to offer. We’re making significant investment to improve facilities and also preserve the area’s unique heritage.
You may also want to watch:
“Local businesses play a vital part in what gives Finsbury Park its flavour. The shop front scheme is helping to give the streets a lift and will help to bring more visitors and shoppers.”
Meanwhile, Cllr Shaikh has urged people to shop local at the weekend: “Small Business Saturday is coming up on December 3 and I encourage everyone to go out and support their local shops and traders.”
- 1 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
For more information, see FinsburyParkLondon.co.uk