Finsbury Park murder: Man in 30s stabbed to death in Stroud Green Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is underway after a man in his 30s was stabbed to death in Finsbury Park.
Police were called at about 6.50pm on Friday to reports of a man stabbed in Charteris Road, near the junction with Lennox Road.
Officers and medics attended and the victim died about 50 minutes later at the scene.
No arrests have been made and police are investigating.
A delivery driver at the scene said he was friends with the victim but didn't want to be named. He told the Gazette: "He was doing his deliveries and there was a stranger's car. They started with an argument and the other guy came out and stabbed him. But it's not just him, a lot of delivery drivers are suffering from these kind of attacks."
You may also want to watch:
Another delivery driver, Massy, 23, added: "We are all heartbroken, this country is not safe anymore."
Zacharia Gheradi said: "He stayed here until he died they [medics] took long to come. The ambulance just came an put him inside, hours after he had already died."
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
A bystander said: "I honestly thought there had been a terrorist attack or something, there were so many police cars. It was terrifying.
"There were loads of police cars, probably around 10 and an ambulance on the street where the World's End is.
"By the police tape were loads of kids, definitely more than six, craning their necks to see what was happening."
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD5934/3Jan.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you seen what happened? Contact Lucas on 07785 616244 or email Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk