Finsbury Park’s City North development is not behind schedule, say developers
- Credit: Archant
Developers of the £220million City North development in Finsbury Park say building work is not behind schedule despite neighbours believing it was.
The Gazette reported over Christmas that the new entrance to Finsbury Park Tube station, which was meant to be up and running by April next year, would not be ready until the autumn.
It was based on an update given to neighbours by developers Telford Homes, but a spokesman has now cleared up the dates provided.
The autumn 2019 date is in fact for an entrance to the station via the development, and the new public Goodwin Street West Entrance is still on track to be opened in April.
Likewise, the flats, which the recent update indicated wouldn’t be ready now until winter 2020, will actually be ready by summer 2019.
You may also want to watch:
A Telford Homes spokesman said: “Suggestions of delays to the completion of the City North development are incorrect.
“We can confirm that there has been no change to the target completion date that we set at the commencement of Telford Homes’ building works. This remains as the first quarter of 2020, despite the complex nature of the project.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
“We remain on target to finish the works on the Western Entrance of Finsbury Park Underground Station in April 2019 when it will open to the public via Goodwin Street.
“The handover of the commercial units for fit out remains as autumn 2019 and we will welcome residents from summer 2019 through to the first quarter of 2020, when the development is scheduled for completion.
“We have worked hard to engage with stakeholders in the community to keep them updated on the progress and will continue to do so.”