Finsbury Park shooting: Police patrols stepped up after ambush in Fonthill Road
- Credit: Archant
Police patrols will be stepped up in Finsbury Park after a gang of men were shot at in a late-night ambush.
Four men were dropped off in Fonthill Road by a yellow Toyota Prius at about 11.45pm on Saturday, before one of the group pulled out a gun.
They then ran at another group of men, with one of the gang shooting at them.
Police were called but both groups of men had fled, with no sign of any injuries.
Detectives are now appealing for witnesses and information and have asked the victims to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
The man who opened fire is described as white, late-teens, approximately 5ft 10ins tall and was wearing a dark coloured hooded top.
The other suspects from the Prius have been described as white. All ran off towards Tollington Park.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Police have said there will be an increased police presence around the road over the coming days.
Anyone who saw anything suspicious or who saw a yellow Prius in the area should contact police via 101 quoting ref 2714184/16.
To give information anonymously Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.