Finsbury Park singers “thrilled” to perform for Jeremy Corbyn
- Credit: Archant
A Finsbury Park choir was “thrilled” to give its first public performance in front of Jeremy Corbyn on Friday.
The Finsbury Park Singers performed for the Labour leader at Elizabeth House Community Centre, which is just off Blackstock Road.
The group, which only formed last week, showcased a range of sounds, from pop to steel pans.
Its conductor, Hannah Brine, said: “We were thrilled to perform for everyone at Elizabeth House, and it was great that Jeremy took time to speak with members of our choir and offer his congratulations.
“Our first performance went very well – and hats off to the singers for being so professional and slick so soon.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir meets on Tuesday evenings during term time at Elizabeth House Community Centre.
The Finsbury Park Singers are currently recruiting new members, and Hannah is especially interested in hearing from tenors and basses.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder