Finsbury Park singers “thrilled” to perform for Jeremy Corbyn
- Credit: Archant
A Finsbury Park choir was “thrilled” to give its first public performance in front of Jeremy Corbyn on Friday.
The Finsbury Park Singers performed for the Labour leader at Elizabeth House Community Centre, which is just off Blackstock Road.
The group, which only formed last week, showcased a range of sounds, from pop to steel pans.
Its conductor, Hannah Brine, said: “We were thrilled to perform for everyone at Elizabeth House, and it was great that Jeremy took time to speak with members of our choir and offer his congratulations.
“Our first performance went very well – and hats off to the singers for being so professional and slick so soon.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir meets on Tuesday evenings during term time at Elizabeth House Community Centre.
The Finsbury Park Singers are currently recruiting new members, and Hannah is especially interested in hearing from tenors and basses.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension