Finsbury Park station evacuated after teen girl attacks PCSO and runs down the tracks
Finsbury Park Tube Station was evacuated this morning and passengers led to safety through tunnels after a young woman attacked a PSCO and ran down the tracks.
At around 10.10am, an 18-year-old woman reportedly assaulted a police community support officer before running away down the underground tunnels.
The area was flooded with fire engines, police trucks and paramedics from around 10.30am and the station remained closed until about 11am.
British Transport Police (BTP) found the woman and arrested her on suspicion of trespass and assualt.
She has been taken to the Whittington Hospital after complaining of stomach pains.
You may also want to watch:
As soon the as the alarm was sounded, Transport for London (TfL) evacuated the station in case the woman was dangerous.
They turned the power off for the tracks, disabling the trains, so neither the trespasser or search party got electrocuted.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 8 Arsenal boss Montemurro picks up second straight manager of the month award
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
One passenger, a Dutch national working at the Olympics who wished to remain anonymous, said: “The Tube we were on stopped just outside the station.
“The driver told us it was because someone had been spotted walking along the tracks. To get out of the station we had to get off the train and walk through the tunnels. It was quite amazing.”
A spokesman for TfL said: “There was a trespasser on the track and we had to stop the trains while we got them off. The station was closed for about 25 minutes.”
A host of emergency services, including twenty fire fighters, four fire engines, and a host of paramedic and police vehicles, attended the scene - which TfL say is a standard response to a trespasser on the train lines.
A spokesman for BTP said: “Officers were called to Finsbury Park station following reports of a woman trespassing on the tracks. The woman is also alleged to have assaulted a PCSO at Finsbury Park. She ran off into tunnels and trains on the Victoria and Piccadilly lines were disrupted as a result.”