Arrest made after Finsbury Park station evacuated due to ‘person on the tracks’
- Credit: Archant
Finsbury Park Station was evacuated during rush-hour due to a person on the tracks.
There were no trains running on the Victoria Line from Walthamstow Central to King’s Cross from about 5pm until 5.45pm, and Piccadilly Line trains were not stopping at the station.
The station has now reopened but “severe delays” are expected on the whole line and commuters are advised to take alternative routes.
British Transport Police said officers were called to reports of a person on the tracks and on arrival they arrested a 22-year-old man inside the station.
A spokesperson added: “Officers are currently investigating and would ask anyone who witnessed the incident, or the events leading up to it, to contact them.”
You may also want to watch:
Get in touch with BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 357-070119.
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild