Arrest made after Finsbury Park station evacuated due to ‘person on the tracks’
- Credit: Archant
Finsbury Park Station was evacuated during rush-hour due to a person on the tracks.
There were no trains running on the Victoria Line from Walthamstow Central to King’s Cross from about 5pm until 5.45pm, and Piccadilly Line trains were not stopping at the station.
The station has now reopened but “severe delays” are expected on the whole line and commuters are advised to take alternative routes.
British Transport Police said officers were called to reports of a person on the tracks and on arrival they arrested a 22-year-old man inside the station.
A spokesperson added: “Officers are currently investigating and would ask anyone who witnessed the incident, or the events leading up to it, to contact them.”
You may also want to watch:
Get in touch with BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 357-070119.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller