Finsbury Park accountancy student named ‘north London apprentice of the year’
- Credit: Archant
An accountancy student from Finsbury Park has won an all-expenses-paid trip to Paris after being named north London’s “apprentice of the year”.
Will Baker, 19, was presented with the award by the lord mayor of London, Charles Bowman, at a graduation ceremony in Mansion House, near Monument station, on August 13.
Will was on an apprenticeship scheme with social mobility charity Leadership Through Sport and Business (LTSB), which also selected him as this year’s winner.
The teenager said: “I feel like I’ve come a long way since I started the apprenticeship and I’m happy about how much I’ve changed and developed as a person.
“I’ve grown a lot during the programme and winning this prize is the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Will added he had gained a “brilliant qualification”. The LTSB initiative offers people aged 16 to 21 qualifications in finance.
A LTSB spokesperson said: “If you or someone you know is aged 16 to 21 and hungry for a career in business and finance with a major firm, but don’t have the social capital to find success on your own, then LTSB wants to meet you.”
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org. or visit https://www.leadershipthroughsport.org/join-the-programme/