Finsbury Park accountancy student named ‘north London apprentice of the year’
- Credit: Archant
An accountancy student from Finsbury Park has won an all-expenses-paid trip to Paris after being named north London’s “apprentice of the year”.
Will Baker, 19, was presented with the award by the lord mayor of London, Charles Bowman, at a graduation ceremony in Mansion House, near Monument station, on August 13.
Will was on an apprenticeship scheme with social mobility charity Leadership Through Sport and Business (LTSB), which also selected him as this year’s winner.
The teenager said: “I feel like I’ve come a long way since I started the apprenticeship and I’m happy about how much I’ve changed and developed as a person.
“I’ve grown a lot during the programme and winning this prize is the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Will added he had gained a “brilliant qualification”. The LTSB initiative offers people aged 16 to 21 qualifications in finance.
A LTSB spokesperson said: “If you or someone you know is aged 16 to 21 and hungry for a career in business and finance with a major firm, but don’t have the social capital to find success on your own, then LTSB wants to meet you.”
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
For more info, email email@example.com. or visit https://www.leadershipthroughsport.org/join-the-programme/