Finsbury swimmers triumph in competition
Budding swimmers from Islington have triumphed in a local event.
Young members from the Virgin Active Health Club in Goswell Road won the London-wide swimming gala at the health club’s Fulham branch.
Virgin Active National Swim manager Glen Heidke said: “This was a great opportunity for children to get together and put their swim lessons into practice, using some of the best swimming facilities in the country.”
Nationally, the galas have seen 69 health clubs take part, with over 3,600 children competing in a range of races.
They are also helping to raise money for the Sparks Children’s Charity, with donations being collected at the events.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Heidke added: “We feel this is the perfect way to raise money for Sparks. It is great to see children raising money for others in need.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London