Finsbury swimmers triumph in competition
Budding swimmers from Islington have triumphed in a local event.
Young members from the Virgin Active Health Club in Goswell Road won the London-wide swimming gala at the health club’s Fulham branch.
Virgin Active National Swim manager Glen Heidke said: “This was a great opportunity for children to get together and put their swim lessons into practice, using some of the best swimming facilities in the country.”
Nationally, the galas have seen 69 health clubs take part, with over 3,600 children competing in a range of races.
They are also helping to raise money for the Sparks Children’s Charity, with donations being collected at the events.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Heidke added: “We feel this is the perfect way to raise money for Sparks. It is great to see children raising money for others in need.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting