Finsbury tower block damaged in blaze
- Credit: Getty Images
Six fire engines raced to the scene in the early hours of this morning
A 15-storey tower was damaged in a fire in the early hours of this morning.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters tackled the blaze in Bunhill Row, Finsbury at about 2.45am.
Wearing breathing apparatus, fire crews confined the flames the eighth floor, which was damaged in the fire.
No one was injured.
Teams from Soho, Dowgate, Dockhead, Shoreditch, Bethnal Green and Whitechapel stations attended the incident and had the flames under control by 4.15am
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 9 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing