Finsbury tower block damaged in blaze
- Credit: Getty Images
Six fire engines raced to the scene in the early hours of this morning
A 15-storey tower was damaged in a fire in the early hours of this morning.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters tackled the blaze in Bunhill Row, Finsbury at about 2.45am.
Wearing breathing apparatus, fire crews confined the flames the eighth floor, which was damaged in the fire.
No one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Teams from Soho, Dowgate, Dockhead, Shoreditch, Bethnal Green and Whitechapel stations attended the incident and had the flames under control by 4.15am
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion