Finsbury tower block damaged in blaze
- Credit: Getty Images
Six fire engines raced to the scene in the early hours of this morning
A 15-storey tower was damaged in a fire in the early hours of this morning.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters tackled the blaze in Bunhill Row, Finsbury at about 2.45am.
Wearing breathing apparatus, fire crews confined the flames the eighth floor, which was damaged in the fire.
No one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Teams from Soho, Dowgate, Dockhead, Shoreditch, Bethnal Green and Whitechapel stations attended the incident and had the flames under control by 4.15am
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'