Fire at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
FIRE ripped through part of the Emirates Stadium on Monday afternoon - as Arsenal’s hopes on the pitch seem to be going up in smoke too.
Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters were called to the blaze in a food kiosk in the upper tier of the Gunners’ ground in Ashburton Grove, Holloway, yesterday afternoon.
An area measuring around ten by ten metres on the third floor of the stadium was partly damaged by fire.
The Fire Brigade was called just after 4pm and the incident was over within an hour.
Fire crews from Islington, Holloway, Kentish Town and Stoke Newington stations attended
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
An Arsenal spokeswoman said: “It was a small fire that occurred in one of the concession stands. The Fire Brigade attended and the fire was contained. Nobody was injured and there has been minimal damage.”
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
On Saturday, Arsenal threw away a 2-0 half-time lead to lose 3-2 to deadly rivals Spurs at the Emirates in the Premier League, while last night they lost 2-0 to SC Braga in Portugal, to leave their hopes of qualifying for the knockout round of the Champions League in the balance.