Fire at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
FIRE ripped through part of the Emirates Stadium on Monday afternoon - as Arsenal’s hopes on the pitch seem to be going up in smoke too.
Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters were called to the blaze in a food kiosk in the upper tier of the Gunners’ ground in Ashburton Grove, Holloway, yesterday afternoon.
An area measuring around ten by ten metres on the third floor of the stadium was partly damaged by fire.
The Fire Brigade was called just after 4pm and the incident was over within an hour.
Fire crews from Islington, Holloway, Kentish Town and Stoke Newington stations attended
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
An Arsenal spokeswoman said: “It was a small fire that occurred in one of the concession stands. The Fire Brigade attended and the fire was contained. Nobody was injured and there has been minimal damage.”
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
On Saturday, Arsenal threw away a 2-0 half-time lead to lose 3-2 to deadly rivals Spurs at the Emirates in the Premier League, while last night they lost 2-0 to SC Braga in Portugal, to leave their hopes of qualifying for the knockout round of the Champions League in the balance.