Fire at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
FIRE ripped through part of the Emirates Stadium on Monday afternoon - as Arsenal’s hopes on the pitch seem to be going up in smoke too.
Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters were called to the blaze in a food kiosk in the upper tier of the Gunners’ ground in Ashburton Grove, Holloway, yesterday afternoon.
An area measuring around ten by ten metres on the third floor of the stadium was partly damaged by fire.
The Fire Brigade was called just after 4pm and the incident was over within an hour.
Fire crews from Islington, Holloway, Kentish Town and Stoke Newington stations attended
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
An Arsenal spokeswoman said: “It was a small fire that occurred in one of the concession stands. The Fire Brigade attended and the fire was contained. Nobody was injured and there has been minimal damage.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
On Saturday, Arsenal threw away a 2-0 half-time lead to lose 3-2 to deadly rivals Spurs at the Emirates in the Premier League, while last night they lost 2-0 to SC Braga in Portugal, to leave their hopes of qualifying for the knockout round of the Champions League in the balance.