Fire crews investigate Ashley Road house fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire officers are investigating after a blaze at a converted house in Hornsey Rise.
The fire happened at the top of the property and half a third floor flat and loft conversion was damaged.
It was in Ashley Road and fire crews were called just before 2.30am. It took an hour and 15 minutes to bring it under control.
Four fire engines, including one from Hornsey Road fire station, were called.
One man managed to leave the property before the 21 firefighters attended.
You may also want to watch:
London Fire Brigade is now carrying out an investigation as to what caused the blaze.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing