Firefighters rescue man from burning pub
- Credit: Archant
A man had to be rescued from a burning pub in Clerkenwell during the early hours of this morning.
London Fire Brigade was called to the White Lion pub in Central Street at around 1am.
Firefighters wearing special breathing apparatus entered the property and rescued the man who was trapped on the ground floor of the pub.
He was checked over by London Ambulance Service at the scene.
The first floor of the pub has been badly damaged by fire.
You may also want to watch:
In total 21 firefighters attended the scene from Shoreditch, Islington, Whitechapel and Euston fire stations.
The flames were brought under control by 3am.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.