Firefighters rescue man from burning pub
- Credit: Archant
A man had to be rescued from a burning pub in Clerkenwell during the early hours of this morning.
London Fire Brigade was called to the White Lion pub in Central Street at around 1am.
Firefighters wearing special breathing apparatus entered the property and rescued the man who was trapped on the ground floor of the pub.
He was checked over by London Ambulance Service at the scene.
The first floor of the pub has been badly damaged by fire.
You may also want to watch:
In total 21 firefighters attended the scene from Shoreditch, Islington, Whitechapel and Euston fire stations.
The flames were brought under control by 3am.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 9 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 10 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.