Firefighters rescue neighbours from flaming Holloway flat
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters led neighbours and young children to safety after a Holloway flat went up in flames last night.
The London Fire Brigade [LFB] was called to reports of a blazing ground floor flat, in Holbrooke Court, off Pankhurst Road, at about 11pm.
Two fire engines and 10 firefighters from Holloway and Kentish Town attended the scene, extinguishing flames caused by a light bulb igniting a quilt.
“Half of a ground floor flat was damaged by fire,” said an LFB spokesperson.
“Three women left the flat before the arrival of the Brigade and they were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by London Ambulance Service crews.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters led two women and two infants to safety from the second floor via an external staircase.”
Firefighters reminded people to “store items carefully and away from electrical sources”.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago