Firefighters rescue neighbours from flaming Holloway flat
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters led neighbours and young children to safety after a Holloway flat went up in flames last night.
The London Fire Brigade [LFB] was called to reports of a blazing ground floor flat, in Holbrooke Court, off Pankhurst Road, at about 11pm.
Two fire engines and 10 firefighters from Holloway and Kentish Town attended the scene, extinguishing flames caused by a light bulb igniting a quilt.
“Half of a ground floor flat was damaged by fire,” said an LFB spokesperson.
“Three women left the flat before the arrival of the Brigade and they were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by London Ambulance Service crews.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters led two women and two infants to safety from the second floor via an external staircase.”
Firefighters reminded people to “store items carefully and away from electrical sources”.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know