Firm’s annual appeal will donate Easter eggs to Hackney Food Bank
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to donate Easter eggs to a storage firm’s annual appeal, which this year will support Hackney Food Bank.
Access Self Storage launched its appeal in 2011 and has seen 3,800 eggs donated since then.
Store manager Martin Cotmore said: “We would love as many people as possible in our community to donate a chocolate egg to support Hackney Food bank this Easter.
“It provides a lifeline to our local community when they really need it.
“Every contribution is a little sign of hope, letting people in our community who are having a tough time know that there are people around them who care.”
You may also want to watch:
There are three weeks left for donations, which should be dropped off either at the branch in Eagle Wharf Road, Islington, or Belgrove Street, King’s Cross.
Hackney Food Bank provides three days of emergency food to anyone who needs it.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 5 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 6 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 7 Author inspired by Highbury for debut sci-fi novel about aliens
- 8 Spot tiny art 'gems' along The Parkland Walk
- 9 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 10 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding