Firm’s annual appeal will donate Easter eggs to Hackney Food Bank
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to donate Easter eggs to a storage firm’s annual appeal, which this year will support Hackney Food Bank.
Access Self Storage launched its appeal in 2011 and has seen 3,800 eggs donated since then.
Store manager Martin Cotmore said: “We would love as many people as possible in our community to donate a chocolate egg to support Hackney Food bank this Easter.
“It provides a lifeline to our local community when they really need it.
“Every contribution is a little sign of hope, letting people in our community who are having a tough time know that there are people around them who care.”
You may also want to watch:
There are three weeks left for donations, which should be dropped off either at the branch in Eagle Wharf Road, Islington, or Belgrove Street, King’s Cross.
Hackney Food Bank provides three days of emergency food to anyone who needs it.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing