First pictures of Camden Road crash victim
THE first images have emerged of a London Met student who died when her bike collided with a lorry.
Paula Jurek died following an accident at the junction of Camden Road and St Pancras Way, Camden Town, last Tuesday.
The 20-year-old from Poland was studying tourism at London Metropolitan University in Holloway.
Her friend Paul Dean, 31, paid tribute to Paula, who he met when they both began a French evening class at London Met in December.
He said: “She was an extremely kind and friendly person. What struck me the most was she had a lot of time for others and listened to people without ever being quick to get angry or be judgemental. We became good friends because of this. We need more people like Paula in this world.”
You may also want to watch:
- A 65-year-old man, who was driving the lorry, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous or careless driving and bailed until June pending further enquiries.
- 1 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 2 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 10 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy