First pictures of Camden Road crash victim
THE first images have emerged of a London Met student who died when her bike collided with a lorry.
Paula Jurek died following an accident at the junction of Camden Road and St Pancras Way, Camden Town, last Tuesday.
The 20-year-old from Poland was studying tourism at London Metropolitan University in Holloway.
Her friend Paul Dean, 31, paid tribute to Paula, who he met when they both began a French evening class at London Met in December.
He said: “She was an extremely kind and friendly person. What struck me the most was she had a lot of time for others and listened to people without ever being quick to get angry or be judgemental. We became good friends because of this. We need more people like Paula in this world.”
You may also want to watch:
- A 65-year-old man, who was driving the lorry, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous or careless driving and bailed until June pending further enquiries.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation