First pictures of Camden Road crash victim
THE first images have emerged of a London Met student who died when her bike collided with a lorry.
Paula Jurek died following an accident at the junction of Camden Road and St Pancras Way, Camden Town, last Tuesday.
The 20-year-old from Poland was studying tourism at London Metropolitan University in Holloway.
Her friend Paul Dean, 31, paid tribute to Paula, who he met when they both began a French evening class at London Met in December.
He said: “She was an extremely kind and friendly person. What struck me the most was she had a lot of time for others and listened to people without ever being quick to get angry or be judgemental. We became good friends because of this. We need more people like Paula in this world.”
You may also want to watch:
- A 65-year-old man, who was driving the lorry, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous or careless driving and bailed until June pending further enquiries.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking