Five days left to vote for Islington’s Market Trader of the Year
- Credit: Archant
There are a few days left to vote for Islington’s Market Trader of the Year.
Voters can propose any trader from Islington’s four council-run markets – Camden Passage, Chapel Market, Exmouth Market and Whitecross Street – for the award, with a winner expected to be announced later in November.
Islington’s economy boss Cllr Asima Shaikh said the award is a chance “to say thanks to your favourite” trader, and win a prize too.
The winner, crowned by a panel of four judges, will be given a one-off rent reduction of £150.
One of the people who nominates the successful trader will also win £50 to spend at their stall.
You may also want to watch:
Those who wish to vote are encouraged to send their nomination, along with contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voting forms are also available from certain market traders, and should be posted back to the town hall once complete.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
The vote closes on Friday.