Five days left to vote for Islington’s Market Trader of the Year
- Credit: Archant
There are a few days left to vote for Islington’s Market Trader of the Year.
Voters can propose any trader from Islington’s four council-run markets – Camden Passage, Chapel Market, Exmouth Market and Whitecross Street – for the award, with a winner expected to be announced later in November.
Islington’s economy boss Cllr Asima Shaikh said the award is a chance “to say thanks to your favourite” trader, and win a prize too.
The winner, crowned by a panel of four judges, will be given a one-off rent reduction of £150.
One of the people who nominates the successful trader will also win £50 to spend at their stall.
You may also want to watch:
Those who wish to vote are encouraged to send their nomination, along with contact details, to email@example.com.
Voting forms are also available from certain market traders, and should be posted back to the town hall once complete.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
The vote closes on Friday.