Cause of Archway flat fire remains a mystery
- Credit: Google
A woman suffered smoke inhalation after a blaze broke out in a three-storey block of flats in Archway.
Part of the first floor flat in Sussex Way was damaged by the fire that started at about 3.30pm.
Four fire engines and 25 fire fighters took an hour-and-a-half to bring it under control.
The cause of the fire has been recorded as undetermined, according to London Fire Brigade investigators.
One woman left the flat before fire crews arrived, and was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation by the London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters from Islington, Hornsey and Kentish Town fire stations were at the scene.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 10 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum