Food with Julia Somerville and Brendan Coyle for highest bidder at Hope Church charity auction
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Fancy dinner cooked by famous people while helping disadvantaged young people in Islington?
At Hope Church in Westbourne Road tomorrow night, the Resurgo Trust charity is holding an auction for Julia Somerville (newsreader, Masterchef contestant and Islington native) and Lesley Garrett (opera superstar and fellow Masterchef contestant) to cook you and seven friends a meal.
It’s in aid of Spear Islington, a programme to help disadvantaged young people get into work.
If their cooking is not to your taste, one of the other prizes is afternoon tea in Highbury with actor Brendan Coyle, who plays Mr Bates in Downton Abbey.
Ms Somerville said: “The work that Spear Islington is doing to help young people start their careers is truly inspiring. And, as a local resident, it means a lot to me to be able to play a part in supporting this vital work.”
You may also want to watch:
The auction takes place at 10pm, with dinner at 7.30pm.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey