Food with Julia Somerville and Brendan Coyle for highest bidder at Hope Church charity auction
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Fancy dinner cooked by famous people while helping disadvantaged young people in Islington?
At Hope Church in Westbourne Road tomorrow night, the Resurgo Trust charity is holding an auction for Julia Somerville (newsreader, Masterchef contestant and Islington native) and Lesley Garrett (opera superstar and fellow Masterchef contestant) to cook you and seven friends a meal.
It’s in aid of Spear Islington, a programme to help disadvantaged young people get into work.
If their cooking is not to your taste, one of the other prizes is afternoon tea in Highbury with actor Brendan Coyle, who plays Mr Bates in Downton Abbey.
Ms Somerville said: “The work that Spear Islington is doing to help young people start their careers is truly inspiring. And, as a local resident, it means a lot to me to be able to play a part in supporting this vital work.”
You may also want to watch:
The auction takes place at 10pm, with dinner at 7.30pm.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting