Football fans given chance to play with Arsenal legends and celebs
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal fans can live out their boyhood dreams by playing with some of the club’s legends next week.
The Arsenal Charity Shield 2013 takes place on June 9 and pitches entrants against the Arsenal Legends Charity Team, featuring ex-pros like Paul Davis and celebrities such as Ralf Little and Sam Attwater.
The 11-a-side tournament takes place at the club’s London Colney training centre and teams will take part in a World Cup style round robin group format competition before the top four enter a knockout stage.
Members of the winning team will have a trophy presented to them pitchside before one of next season’s fixtures at the Emirates.
The competition is open to male teams of over 18s who can raise £750 per 15 man squad for the Arsenal Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox