Football: Jordan Nobbs extends Arsenal Women contract
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal Women’s midfielder Jordan Nobbs has committed her future to the club after she penned a new deal with the Gunners on Wednesday morning.
Nobbs, who signed for the club in 2010 from Sunderland, has been successful for far in her winning numerous trophies including two Women’s Super League titles, five Continental Cup trophies and four Women’s FA Cups.
Nobbs, who has since become an England international, said that Arsenal is her dream club when speaking to the club’s website,
“It’s always been my dream club and the fact that I get to spend some more years here is the best feeling,” she said..
“It’s been a long journey and when I signed at the age of 17, I wanted to improve myself as a player and I wanted that challenge. I came in as a nobody in front of players like Katie Chapman, Kim Little and Jayne Ludlow.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously I had to work hard to get my shirt but it was the best thing for me and the biggest challenge. It’s definitely got me to where I am today and I’m very grateful for everything I’ve had at this club. It’s definitely helped me with playing for England as well.
“To be an England international and a regular at Arsenal takes a lot of hard work but everybody around me has been unbelievable. The club has been unbelievable and hopefully there’s still more to come from me. I just believe that I’ve progressed as a player here and that’s the main thing. I want to be one of the best midfielders around.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Manager Joe Montemurro was delighted that he could reward Nobbs for her fine performances in midfield over the last season ahead of the Gunners game against Sunderland this evening.