Football legends pop in to Finsbury Park pub for quiz
Football legends Ian Rush and Peter Reid popped into a Finsbury Park boozer for a pub quiz on Friday.
The Twelve Pins pub in Seven Sisters Road, was one of the lucky pubs chosen to host the sports stars at one of England’s four qualifying matches through the Carlsberg Ultimate Pub Quiz competition.
Irene Fitzgerald, landlady of the Twelve Pins, said: “It is fantastic to win such a fabulous prize from Carlsberg.”
The close proximity of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium did not deter the Liverpool and Bolton legends, who attended the pub for England’s World Cup qualifier against Moldova.
Offering pre-match, halftime and post-match analysis, Rush and Reid, who share over 1,000 club appearances between them also took part in a question and answer session before selecting a handful of lucky punters to take part in a pub quiz with them.
You may also want to watch:
Before the match, Reid expressed his excitement about the evening ahead: “I can’t wait to share my passion and views on the game and of course captain a team in the ultimate Carlsberg pub quiz.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins