Football legends pop in to Finsbury Park pub for quiz
Football legends Ian Rush and Peter Reid popped into a Finsbury Park boozer for a pub quiz on Friday.
The Twelve Pins pub in Seven Sisters Road, was one of the lucky pubs chosen to host the sports stars at one of England’s four qualifying matches through the Carlsberg Ultimate Pub Quiz competition.
Irene Fitzgerald, landlady of the Twelve Pins, said: “It is fantastic to win such a fabulous prize from Carlsberg.”
The close proximity of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium did not deter the Liverpool and Bolton legends, who attended the pub for England’s World Cup qualifier against Moldova.
Offering pre-match, halftime and post-match analysis, Rush and Reid, who share over 1,000 club appearances between them also took part in a question and answer session before selecting a handful of lucky punters to take part in a pub quiz with them.
You may also want to watch:
Before the match, Reid expressed his excitement about the evening ahead: “I can’t wait to share my passion and views on the game and of course captain a team in the ultimate Carlsberg pub quiz.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 5 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket