Former Chelsea boss hoping for Arsenal success
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Success for Arsenal – and their manager – would be good for the game as a whole, according to one of their former Premier League rivals.
Avram Grant was Chelsea boss when they edged out the Gunners for the runners-up spot in 2008 and subsequently went on to manage Portsmouth and West Ham.
While Grant believes the Stamford Bridge side are favourites to claim the title this season, he is a firm admirer of Arsene Wenger and the style of play favoured by the Frenchman.
“There is no doubt that Chelsea have the most quality and the biggest squad of quality players,” said Grant.
“Manchester City have also spent a lot of money. Arsenal didn’t spend a lot but they have a great, great manager.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it would be good if Arsenal did well because they represent new things along with the old things we all like about football.
“They always try to play good football, always using tactics to play positive football, even on the bad days. I think Arsene Wenger is a great guy.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 7 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 8 Meet Charrli - the Islington start-up facilitating zero-waste shopping
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
“It’s good for football if he does well because he’s always a positive guy.
“I think he represents values in football, on the pitch and off the pitch, that are good for everybody – for the supporters, for everybody.”