Former Chelsea boss hoping for Arsenal success
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Success for Arsenal – and their manager – would be good for the game as a whole, according to one of their former Premier League rivals.
Avram Grant was Chelsea boss when they edged out the Gunners for the runners-up spot in 2008 and subsequently went on to manage Portsmouth and West Ham.
While Grant believes the Stamford Bridge side are favourites to claim the title this season, he is a firm admirer of Arsene Wenger and the style of play favoured by the Frenchman.
“There is no doubt that Chelsea have the most quality and the biggest squad of quality players,” said Grant.
“Manchester City have also spent a lot of money. Arsenal didn’t spend a lot but they have a great, great manager.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it would be good if Arsenal did well because they represent new things along with the old things we all like about football.
“They always try to play good football, always using tactics to play positive football, even on the bad days. I think Arsene Wenger is a great guy.
- 1 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 2 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 3 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 4 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 5 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 6 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 7 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 8 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 9 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
“It’s good for football if he does well because he’s always a positive guy.
“I think he represents values in football, on the pitch and off the pitch, that are good for everybody – for the supporters, for everybody.”