Former head of £1.25 billion company one of two new Whittington board members
- Credit: Archant
The former head of a £1.25billion company is one of two new Whittington board members appointed on Friday.
Tony Rice, who was chief executive of Cable and Wireless Communications until January as well as a telephone healthcare provider, will now chair the Finance and Business Development Committee.
The other appointee is Rob Whiteman, former chief executive of Barking and Dagenham Council, who will chair the Trust’s audit and risk committee.
Steve Hitchins, chairman of the trust, said:“I am delighted to welcome Rob and Tony.”
He added: “Their expertise will strengthen the Trust as it faces the challenges ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Both will join as non-executive board members.
The Trust is also encouraging applications from black and minority ethnic candidates to join their predominantly all-white board.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans