Former head of £1.25 billion company one of two new Whittington board members
- Credit: Archant
The former head of a £1.25billion company is one of two new Whittington board members appointed on Friday.
Tony Rice, who was chief executive of Cable and Wireless Communications until January as well as a telephone healthcare provider, will now chair the Finance and Business Development Committee.
The other appointee is Rob Whiteman, former chief executive of Barking and Dagenham Council, who will chair the Trust’s audit and risk committee.
Steve Hitchins, chairman of the trust, said:“I am delighted to welcome Rob and Tony.”
He added: “Their expertise will strengthen the Trust as it faces the challenges ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Both will join as non-executive board members.
The Trust is also encouraging applications from black and minority ethnic candidates to join their predominantly all-white board.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
- 10 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'