Former head of £1.25 billion company one of two new Whittington board members
- Credit: Archant
The former head of a £1.25billion company is one of two new Whittington board members appointed on Friday.
Tony Rice, who was chief executive of Cable and Wireless Communications until January as well as a telephone healthcare provider, will now chair the Finance and Business Development Committee.
The other appointee is Rob Whiteman, former chief executive of Barking and Dagenham Council, who will chair the Trust’s audit and risk committee.
Steve Hitchins, chairman of the trust, said:“I am delighted to welcome Rob and Tony.”
He added: “Their expertise will strengthen the Trust as it faces the challenges ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Both will join as non-executive board members.
The Trust is also encouraging applications from black and minority ethnic candidates to join their predominantly all-white board.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 3 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 4 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
- 5 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 6 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 9 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 10 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years