Dive into summer with free swimming lessons for kids in Islington
- Credit: PA
Hundreds of free swimming lessons are available for children and families in Islington’s pools this summer.
The lessons are being provided by Islington Council and GLL for under-threes accompanied by an adult, children aged from four to 16, and for families to learn to swim and enjoy the pool in family lessons.
Tyron Fuller, from GLL, said: “It’s been a challenging year, with so many of our children and families losing out on the opportunity to learn to swim and enjoy our local pools due to the pandemic.
"But now we have the opportunity to make up for lost time and there has never been a better time to start learning to swim.
“Combining the importance of water safety, with fun activities, our lessons offer a great way to get active and stay safe this summer.”
You may also want to watch:
All council pools in Islington – from Archway Leisure Centre, Cally Pool and Gym, Highbury Pool and Ironmonger Row Baths – are taking part.
Spaces are limited. For more information and to book, email email@example.com.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 10 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum