Fresh threads without the January sales in Archway
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers looking to update their wardrobes have been given an alternative to the January sales this weekend.
Behaviour change charity Hubbub and the North London Waste Authority have teamed up to hold clothes alteration and swap events in Archway.
The alteration workshop will take place in Resurrection Boutique, Archway Road, between 2pm-4pm on Sunday.
Whether you have a leftover Christmas jumper that needs reinventing or a denim jacket in need of a new twist, help will be at hand.
Clyde Loakes, chairman of North London Waste Authority, said: “It is estimated that £1,200 worth of clothes currently sit in each UK home that are completely forgotten about.
You may also want to watch:
“These workshops will help teach you new ways to deal with forgotten clothing and teach you some skills which could help you transform them, reinventing your wardrobe which ultimately will save you money.”
It will be followed by a swap shop in Archway Methodist Church, also in Archway Road, from 4pm-6pm.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story
For more information, visit billetto.co.uk/hubbub