Fresh threads without the January sales in Archway
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers looking to update their wardrobes have been given an alternative to the January sales this weekend.
Behaviour change charity Hubbub and the North London Waste Authority have teamed up to hold clothes alteration and swap events in Archway.
The alteration workshop will take place in Resurrection Boutique, Archway Road, between 2pm-4pm on Sunday.
Whether you have a leftover Christmas jumper that needs reinventing or a denim jacket in need of a new twist, help will be at hand.
Clyde Loakes, chairman of North London Waste Authority, said: “It is estimated that £1,200 worth of clothes currently sit in each UK home that are completely forgotten about.
You may also want to watch:
“These workshops will help teach you new ways to deal with forgotten clothing and teach you some skills which could help you transform them, reinventing your wardrobe which ultimately will save you money.”
It will be followed by a swap shop in Archway Methodist Church, also in Archway Road, from 4pm-6pm.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 3 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 4 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
For more information, visit billetto.co.uk/hubbub