Frisky & Mannish’s Christmas Mess...age - Theatre Review
Riotous and risqu� comedy, mime, circus and burlesque are all showcased in FRISKY AND MANNISH’S CHRISTMAS MESS…AGE at the Lyric Theatre.
BACK in London after a sell-out and critically-acclaimed run in Edinburgh, Frisky & Mannish’s Christmas Mess…age is a sparkling, riotous and risqu� night’s entertainment.
Returning for the second time to London’s Lyric Theatre, Frisky & Mannish (aka Laura Corcoran and Matthew Jones) bring with them an impressive line-up of comedy, mime, circus and burlesque.
The evening’s hosts take the audience on a musical tour of the six rules of the typical Christmas song (innuendo, pathos, politics, stating the obvious, jingle bells, and a sing-a-long chorus) with Frisky impersonating many a classic crooner and Mannish accompanying her drolly on the keyboards.
Peppered amongst this are special guest appearances including Perrier nominee Miles Jupp (hilarious), middle class Irish impro-rappers Abondoman (eye-wateringly funny) and the fabulous physical theatre newcomer The Boy With Tape On His Face - who managed to get an audience member to strip to the Full Monty music, despite performing his whole act mute with gaffa tape stuck over his mouth .
You may also want to watch:
Throw in some rather titillating burlesque dancers and almost everyone is happy!
This might not be to everyone’s taste (maybe don’t take your Gran), but I had a frivolously festive evening and am still laughing about Miles Jupp’s imagined Owl sanctuary on a National Express train 24 hours later.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Find Frisky & Mannish on Twitter or Facebook for details of future productions, and catch them if you can.
* Frisky & Mannish performed at the Lyric Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue, W1.