Frisky & Mannish’s Christmas Mess...age - Theatre Review
Riotous and risqu� comedy, mime, circus and burlesque are all showcased in FRISKY AND MANNISH’S CHRISTMAS MESS…AGE at the Lyric Theatre.
BACK in London after a sell-out and critically-acclaimed run in Edinburgh, Frisky & Mannish’s Christmas Mess…age is a sparkling, riotous and risqu� night’s entertainment.
Returning for the second time to London’s Lyric Theatre, Frisky & Mannish (aka Laura Corcoran and Matthew Jones) bring with them an impressive line-up of comedy, mime, circus and burlesque.
The evening’s hosts take the audience on a musical tour of the six rules of the typical Christmas song (innuendo, pathos, politics, stating the obvious, jingle bells, and a sing-a-long chorus) with Frisky impersonating many a classic crooner and Mannish accompanying her drolly on the keyboards.
Peppered amongst this are special guest appearances including Perrier nominee Miles Jupp (hilarious), middle class Irish impro-rappers Abondoman (eye-wateringly funny) and the fabulous physical theatre newcomer The Boy With Tape On His Face - who managed to get an audience member to strip to the Full Monty music, despite performing his whole act mute with gaffa tape stuck over his mouth .
Throw in some rather titillating burlesque dancers and almost everyone is happy!
This might not be to everyone’s taste (maybe don’t take your Gran), but I had a frivolously festive evening and am still laughing about Miles Jupp’s imagined Owl sanctuary on a National Express train 24 hours later.
- 1 When the Arsenal team had tea with the Queen in Buckingham Palace
- 2 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 3 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
- 4 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 7 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 8 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 9 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 10 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
Find Frisky & Mannish on Twitter or Facebook for details of future productions, and catch them if you can.
* Frisky & Mannish performed at the Lyric Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue, W1.