Funding boost means Islington Green picnic can attract more pensioners than ever
- Credit: Archant
An annual summer picnic on Islington Green will be attended by more pensioners than ever thanks to a £1,000 donation.
Angel.London, which manages the shopping district around Upper Street, secured sponsorship for this year’s Cubitt Arts’ Picnic from the Business Design Centre.
The outdoor bash, run by the Angel Mews gallery, will feature art workshops, live music, dance and plenty of tea and cakes.
Programme manager Esther Collins said: “The sponsorship means we will be able to make a real difference. It means we can make better contact with staff at care homes and contact more isolated people.
“The picnic is older people’s chance to demonstrate their vitality, the benefits of working with artists and the diversity of Cubitt’s creative programme. We are really grateful.”
You may also want to watch:
BDC CEO Dominic Jones added: “We are very proud to sponsor the picnic. It’s a lovely and worthwhile event that brings older people together with other Islington communities to celebrate their creativity.”
Cubitt Arts Picnic is on August 19 from 2pm to 5pm.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'