Fundraising comedy night in De Beauvoir this Thursday
Award-winning comedians to perform Thanksgiving-themed comedy night
A Thanksgiving themed comedy night takes place in De Beauvoir this Thursday, to raise money towards the �500,000 revamp of St Peter’s Church crypt.
The Thanksgiving Stand-Up Spectacular promises “a top comedy night, featuring some of the very best stand-up talent around,” and will be held in the Scolt Head pub in Culford Road.
Hackney Empire New Act of the year finalist Pat Burtscher and Edinburgh Festival’s Amused Moose Laugh Off Winner Rob Beckett, join Musical Comedy Award Best New Act winner Jay Foreman and Latitude Best New Act of the Year 2010 Eric Lampaert.
The Pork & Pickle Pie Comedy Club, true to its name, always features the best in premium pastry products - and a gourmet Thanksgiving Pie and sweet potato mash will be available at the night.
Money raised will go towards community group De Beauvoir Underground’s fund for a new church community centre in De Beauvoir Road.
Tickets for the event this Thursday (November 25) are �5 and are available on the door or see www.porkandpicklepiecomedy.eventbrite.com
- 1 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 2 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 3 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 4 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 5 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 6 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 7 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 8 Protesters march in final attempt to prevent incinerator contract
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run