Gallery: Reindeers star in Islington estate’s festive family fun
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 people enjoyed lights decorations, music food and even snow at a special Winter Wonderland.
The event was held at the Packington Estate, off Packington Street, to mark the completion of phase three of the Islington estates refurbishment.
More than 100 children took part in ginger-bread making and designing decorations for their trees at home, while other guests enjoyed carols from pupils at nearby Hanover Primary School, songs from Music for the People and cool sounds from various jazz buskers.
Visitors tucked into festive snacks, played games, took part in a raffle and more.
Also popular was a stall run by the Packington Over 55s Group, who sold more than a hundred mince pies and more than 30 homemade cakes.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Hyde Housing, who organised the event, said: “It was a feast for the senses and reminiscent of traditional Christmas markets.
“The stars of the show were undoubtedly Mattie and Ingemar, two of Santa’s reindeer who pulled his sleigh.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Overground suspended in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Even better than the real thing? Tribute bands to see in north London before 2022
- 8 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 9 'You can see where their priorities are': Islington reacts to the Budget
- 10 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
“And, of course, also popular was Santa’s Grotto, where every child received a festive gift.”