Gallery: Reindeers star in Islington estate’s festive family fun
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 people enjoyed lights decorations, music food and even snow at a special Winter Wonderland.
The event was held at the Packington Estate, off Packington Street, to mark the completion of phase three of the Islington estates refurbishment.
More than 100 children took part in ginger-bread making and designing decorations for their trees at home, while other guests enjoyed carols from pupils at nearby Hanover Primary School, songs from Music for the People and cool sounds from various jazz buskers.
Visitors tucked into festive snacks, played games, took part in a raffle and more.
Also popular was a stall run by the Packington Over 55s Group, who sold more than a hundred mince pies and more than 30 homemade cakes.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Hyde Housing, who organised the event, said: “It was a feast for the senses and reminiscent of traditional Christmas markets.
“The stars of the show were undoubtedly Mattie and Ingemar, two of Santa’s reindeer who pulled his sleigh.
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
“And, of course, also popular was Santa’s Grotto, where every child received a festive gift.”