Gallery: Reindeers star in Islington estate’s festive family fun
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 people enjoyed lights decorations, music food and even snow at a special Winter Wonderland.
The event was held at the Packington Estate, off Packington Street, to mark the completion of phase three of the Islington estates refurbishment.
More than 100 children took part in ginger-bread making and designing decorations for their trees at home, while other guests enjoyed carols from pupils at nearby Hanover Primary School, songs from Music for the People and cool sounds from various jazz buskers.
Visitors tucked into festive snacks, played games, took part in a raffle and more.
Also popular was a stall run by the Packington Over 55s Group, who sold more than a hundred mince pies and more than 30 homemade cakes.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Hyde Housing, who organised the event, said: “It was a feast for the senses and reminiscent of traditional Christmas markets.
“The stars of the show were undoubtedly Mattie and Ingemar, two of Santa’s reindeer who pulled his sleigh.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 10 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
“And, of course, also popular was Santa’s Grotto, where every child received a festive gift.”