Game of Thrones star Gemma Whelan among entertainment at school themed banquet
- Credit: Archant
A hand-picked line-up of entertainment and gastronomical delights is set to fill an Islington school hall next Saturday.
Central Foundations Boys’ School in Cowper Street will play host to the likes of Gemma Whelan from Game of Thrones and comedian Jenny Fawcett who will perform as teachers to 200 diners at the School Supper Society event.
The entertainment, which also includes a performance from 28-piece ensemble Basement Orchestra, will accompany a three-course shared banquet created by Cult Events and a long list of exclusive cocktails.
The supper is on May 10 is the second such event put together by East London events and music organisation Jack Arts, and Cult Events.
Cult Events’ head chef Ian Ballantyne will be presiding over the banquet, which will take on an educational theme.
You may also want to watch:
“Each course will have an element of learning to it and the aim is to educate guests about the ingredients.
“We’ve sourced asparagus from Oxford and foraged wild garlic. For the main course I’ve got some exceptional lamb and we’re going to be serving a sharing platter with as many different cuts of lamb as possible so people get to see the difference between them.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
Tickets for the event can be bought individually for £55 per person £200 for a group of four and £360 for a group of eight at billetto.co.uk/schoolsuppers10may