Game of Thrones star Gemma Whelan among entertainment at school themed banquet
- Credit: Archant
A hand-picked line-up of entertainment and gastronomical delights is set to fill an Islington school hall next Saturday.
Central Foundations Boys’ School in Cowper Street will play host to the likes of Gemma Whelan from Game of Thrones and comedian Jenny Fawcett who will perform as teachers to 200 diners at the School Supper Society event.
The entertainment, which also includes a performance from 28-piece ensemble Basement Orchestra, will accompany a three-course shared banquet created by Cult Events and a long list of exclusive cocktails.
The supper is on May 10 is the second such event put together by East London events and music organisation Jack Arts, and Cult Events.
Cult Events’ head chef Ian Ballantyne will be presiding over the banquet, which will take on an educational theme.
“Each course will have an element of learning to it and the aim is to educate guests about the ingredients.
“We’ve sourced asparagus from Oxford and foraged wild garlic. For the main course I’ve got some exceptional lamb and we’re going to be serving a sharing platter with as many different cuts of lamb as possible so people get to see the difference between them.”
- 1 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 2 'Our sandwiches were floating': Islington cafe owner counts cost of burst water mains flood
- 3 Teenager commuted from Highbury to Bristol for A Levels
- 4 A Level results live 2022: Islington schools as they come in
- 5 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 6 Guilty: Window cleaner 'crushed victim's heart' as he mowed down two men
- 7 Angel station closures on one in five days due to staff shortages
- 8 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 9 Finsbury Leisure Centre development: 'Something dystopian like Bladerunner'
- 10 Hundreds of novelty teapots on show in Upper Street
Tickets for the event can be bought individually for £55 per person £200 for a group of four and £360 for a group of eight at billetto.co.uk/schoolsuppers10may