Game of Thrones star Gemma Whelan among entertainment at school themed banquet
- Credit: Archant
A hand-picked line-up of entertainment and gastronomical delights is set to fill an Islington school hall next Saturday.
Central Foundations Boys’ School in Cowper Street will play host to the likes of Gemma Whelan from Game of Thrones and comedian Jenny Fawcett who will perform as teachers to 200 diners at the School Supper Society event.
The entertainment, which also includes a performance from 28-piece ensemble Basement Orchestra, will accompany a three-course shared banquet created by Cult Events and a long list of exclusive cocktails.
The supper is on May 10 is the second such event put together by East London events and music organisation Jack Arts, and Cult Events.
Cult Events’ head chef Ian Ballantyne will be presiding over the banquet, which will take on an educational theme.
You may also want to watch:
“Each course will have an element of learning to it and the aim is to educate guests about the ingredients.
“We’ve sourced asparagus from Oxford and foraged wild garlic. For the main course I’ve got some exceptional lamb and we’re going to be serving a sharing platter with as many different cuts of lamb as possible so people get to see the difference between them.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 8 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
Tickets for the event can be bought individually for £55 per person £200 for a group of four and £360 for a group of eight at billetto.co.uk/schoolsuppers10may