Gardeners gear-up for Islington in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Green-fingered gardeners, schools, community groups and businesses across Islington are arming themselves with trimmers and shovels for a chance to be in the running for the borough’s most coveted horticultural prizes.
Islington’s best gardens are little over a month away and excitement is flowering as we gear up for Islington in Bloom.
Prizes for best children’s planting, best blooming pub or business and best community garden are among the 11 categories available to enter.
Everyone who takes part will get a half price plant, a free bag of compost and a £5 gift voucher courtesy of Camden Garden Centre. Prizes of up to £100 in garden centre vouchers are also up for grabs in each category.
And, for the first time, cultivators will be able to enter their own gardens or nominate others online as well as by post.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Bedford, Islington Council’s parks and open space manager, said: “The competition is meant to make the borough a more colourful place by tapping into the skills of the people who live and work here.”
Go to islington.gov.uk/inbloom for more information. Entries must be submitted before May 29.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington