GB sprinter and Olympic hopeful inspires Islington pupils
A group of schoolchildren was given a treat when one of the Great Britain Olympic team came to put them through their paces.
Rion Pierre, a sprinter for team GB and an Olympic hopeful, came to St Mary’s Primary School, in Fowler Road, Islington, to give the pupils a motivating talk.
They also took part in sponsored fitness circuit to raise money for the school and the Sports for School charity.
Genevieve Prayag, headteacher at the school, said: “It was lots of fun for the children and the teachers and staff got involved as well.
“Rion spoke about all the problems he had overcome and the hard work he had put into being a top athlete.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great for the children to hear that,” she added.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park