GB sprinter and Olympic hopeful inspires Islington pupils
A group of schoolchildren was given a treat when one of the Great Britain Olympic team came to put them through their paces.
Rion Pierre, a sprinter for team GB and an Olympic hopeful, came to St Mary’s Primary School, in Fowler Road, Islington, to give the pupils a motivating talk.
They also took part in sponsored fitness circuit to raise money for the school and the Sports for School charity.
Genevieve Prayag, headteacher at the school, said: “It was lots of fun for the children and the teachers and staff got involved as well.
“Rion spoke about all the problems he had overcome and the hard work he had put into being a top athlete.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great for the children to hear that,” she added.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing