GCSE results 2017: “Tireless” work of staff and students lauded at City of London Academy Islington
- Credit: Archant
The “tireless” work of staff and students at City of London Academy Islington has been lauded as pupils collected their GCSE results this morning.
The results saw 91per cent of students achieved the equivalent of 9 to 4 in English (the equivalent of A* to C under the new grading system), 67pc of students achieved five A*to C passes (including English and maths), while 18pc of all grades were an A* or an A.
Principal Clare Verga said: “I am delighted for all students receiving their results today and am grateful to all involved in securing these successes.”
The City Corporation, ranked as the top multi-academy sponsor in the country for pupil progress by the Department for Education, sponsors the academy.
Henry Colthurst, chairman of the education board at corporation, said: “We are very proud of how hard our students have worked, and we are delighted that this hard work has translated into tangible results which will enable them to pursue the further education and employment training opportunities of their choice.”
You may also want to watch:
Eamon Martin, vice-chairman and a City, University of London sponsor governor, added: “We are absolutely thrilled for our students - whose hard work has clearly paid off with an excellent set of results. I know that the Academy staff are tireless in their commitment towards our students. They too can take great credit for these results.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing