GCSE results 2017: “Tireless” work of staff and students lauded at City of London Academy Islington
- Credit: Archant
The “tireless” work of staff and students at City of London Academy Islington has been lauded as pupils collected their GCSE results this morning.
The results saw 91per cent of students achieved the equivalent of 9 to 4 in English (the equivalent of A* to C under the new grading system), 67pc of students achieved five A*to C passes (including English and maths), while 18pc of all grades were an A* or an A.
Principal Clare Verga said: “I am delighted for all students receiving their results today and am grateful to all involved in securing these successes.”
The City Corporation, ranked as the top multi-academy sponsor in the country for pupil progress by the Department for Education, sponsors the academy.
Henry Colthurst, chairman of the education board at corporation, said: “We are very proud of how hard our students have worked, and we are delighted that this hard work has translated into tangible results which will enable them to pursue the further education and employment training opportunities of their choice.”
You may also want to watch:
Eamon Martin, vice-chairman and a City, University of London sponsor governor, added: “We are absolutely thrilled for our students - whose hard work has clearly paid off with an excellent set of results. I know that the Academy staff are tireless in their commitment towards our students. They too can take great credit for these results.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting