GCSE results: Central Foundation achieves borough’s best ever results
- Credit: Archant
A school is celebrating becoming the first in Islington to ever see more than 80 per cent of students achieving the landmark five A* to C grades including English and maths.
Despite a nationwide dip in grades Central Foundation Boys’ School in Cowper Street, Finsbury, has improved on last year’s GCSE results which placed them in the top 100 in the country.
Exceptional achievements were seen across the board – in biology, chemistry and physics 65 per cent of grades were A* or A, and in maths 90 per cent obtained a grade C or better, with 30 per cent getting A or A*s. Meanwhile, in English 85 per cent of students achieved a grade C or better.
Stand out success stories include the school’s head boy Nat Erickson, Abhishek Deb, Tsz Hey Lam and Yaqub Mamoon who all achieved nine A or A*s.
Following close behind were Mateen Abbas, Rajeeth Alagendran, Pablo Anto Ojeda, Umyar Chowdhury, Chinmoy Deb, Govinda Deb, Khalid Muruz, Zabirul Hassan and Freddy Quevedo – all achieving six or more A* to As.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jamie Brownhill said: “These are an amazing set of results for the students. They are the consequence of their hard work and dedication which is matched by the huge input they are given by their teachers.
“Central Foundation believes that every young person can be successful – these results demonstrate that we have turned this belief into a reality. Most of our students will be joining our sixth form consortium, IC6, and we expect to see them to be knocking on the doors of the country’s top universities and employers in the next few years’’.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows