GCSE results: Central Foundation Boys’
- Credit: Archant
Students at Central Foundation Boys’ were celebrating a bumper set of results which put their school in the top 10 per cent in the country for performance this morning.
A whopping 78 per cent of pupils achieved the benchmark five A* to C grates including English and maths.
In other figures, 86 per cent of the cohort achieved A* to C in English, 89 per cent got A* to C in maths and 76 per cent clinched an A* to C in science.
One in three students achieved at least three A* to C grades.
Headteacher Jamie Brownhill said: “Central Foundation believes every young person can be successful whatever their starting point or background and our results demonstrate that we have made this belief a reality.
You may also want to watch:
“In September, many of our students will be joining Central Foundation Sixth Form and we expect to see them knocking on the doors of the country’s top universities and employers in the next few years.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years