GCSE results: Central Foundation Boys’
- Credit: Archant
Students at Central Foundation Boys’ were celebrating a bumper set of results which put their school in the top 10 per cent in the country for performance this morning.
A whopping 78 per cent of pupils achieved the benchmark five A* to C grates including English and maths.
In other figures, 86 per cent of the cohort achieved A* to C in English, 89 per cent got A* to C in maths and 76 per cent clinched an A* to C in science.
One in three students achieved at least three A* to C grades.
Headteacher Jamie Brownhill said: “Central Foundation believes every young person can be successful whatever their starting point or background and our results demonstrate that we have made this belief a reality.
You may also want to watch:
“In September, many of our students will be joining Central Foundation Sixth Form and we expect to see them knocking on the doors of the country’s top universities and employers in the next few years.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'