GCSE results: Central Foundation Boys’
- Credit: Archant
Students at Central Foundation Boys’ were celebrating a bumper set of results which put their school in the top 10 per cent in the country for performance this morning.
A whopping 78 per cent of pupils achieved the benchmark five A* to C grates including English and maths.
In other figures, 86 per cent of the cohort achieved A* to C in English, 89 per cent got A* to C in maths and 76 per cent clinched an A* to C in science.
One in three students achieved at least three A* to C grades.
Headteacher Jamie Brownhill said: “Central Foundation believes every young person can be successful whatever their starting point or background and our results demonstrate that we have made this belief a reality.
You may also want to watch:
“In September, many of our students will be joining Central Foundation Sixth Form and we expect to see them knocking on the doors of the country’s top universities and employers in the next few years.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat