GCSE results: Highbury Fields School
- Credit: Archant
Highbury Fields School was yesterday celebrating a 62 per cent rate of five or more GCSEs - including English language and maths - at A*-C.
Headteacher Gladys Berry said: “It is a testament to the highly effective teaching and support provided to students at Highbury Fields.
“These results also reflect our students’ superb attitudes to learning, which combined with commitment and hard work, have led to them achieving great grades whilst also demonstrating truly exceptional progress since the beginning of year seven.
“The school community is very proud of all of our students who sat examinations this year.”
The school reported 83 per cent of students gained A*-C in English language, while the figure was 67 per cent for maths. There was also “exceptional” achievement in geography (92 per cent at C or above) and history (83 per cent).
Individual success stories included:
Dorothy Wright Spinks - seven A*s and two As.
- 1 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 2 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 3 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 4 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 7 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 10 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
Sumayyah Hasan - six A*s and three As.
Grace Wright Spinks - four A*s and five As.
Jade Smiles - three A*s, four As and two Bs.
Michaela Zere - one A*, five As and two Bs.