GCSE results: Highbury Fields School
- Credit: Archant
Highbury Fields School was yesterday celebrating a 62 per cent rate of five or more GCSEs - including English language and maths - at A*-C.
Headteacher Gladys Berry said: “It is a testament to the highly effective teaching and support provided to students at Highbury Fields.
“These results also reflect our students’ superb attitudes to learning, which combined with commitment and hard work, have led to them achieving great grades whilst also demonstrating truly exceptional progress since the beginning of year seven.
“The school community is very proud of all of our students who sat examinations this year.”
The school reported 83 per cent of students gained A*-C in English language, while the figure was 67 per cent for maths. There was also “exceptional” achievement in geography (92 per cent at C or above) and history (83 per cent).
You may also want to watch:
Individual success stories included:
Dorothy Wright Spinks - seven A*s and two As.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
Sumayyah Hasan - six A*s and three As.
Grace Wright Spinks - four A*s and five As.
Jade Smiles - three A*s, four As and two Bs.
Michaela Zere - one A*, five As and two Bs.