GCSE results: Highbury Fields School
- Credit: Archant
Highbury Fields School was yesterday celebrating a 62 per cent rate of five or more GCSEs - including English language and maths - at A*-C.
Headteacher Gladys Berry said: “It is a testament to the highly effective teaching and support provided to students at Highbury Fields.
“These results also reflect our students’ superb attitudes to learning, which combined with commitment and hard work, have led to them achieving great grades whilst also demonstrating truly exceptional progress since the beginning of year seven.
“The school community is very proud of all of our students who sat examinations this year.”
The school reported 83 per cent of students gained A*-C in English language, while the figure was 67 per cent for maths. There was also “exceptional” achievement in geography (92 per cent at C or above) and history (83 per cent).
You may also want to watch:
Individual success stories included:
Dorothy Wright Spinks - seven A*s and two As.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Sumayyah Hasan - six A*s and three As.
Grace Wright Spinks - four A*s and five As.
Jade Smiles - three A*s, four As and two Bs.
Michaela Zere - one A*, five As and two Bs.