GCSE results: Success stories at Highbury Grove
- Credit: Archant
All eyes were on Highbury Grove this morning as students from the transformed school picked up their GCSE results.
Star pupil Daisy Corder was pleased with her eight A*s and three As, but not that surprised.
“It was about what I was expecting,” she told the Gazette. “But I wasn’t sure so it is a relief.”
Her friends Savannah Storey and Delilah Sykes were also celebrating a host of A grades, while fellow student Iqra Finiin got an impressive three A*s, seven As and one B.
So how did she feel when she opened the envelope? “I should have got an A in French,” said the teenager, who aspires to work in medicine.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrating with her was Mahamed Hersi, who was pleased to boast an A in English literature.
“I wasn’t expecting to get an A, but it’s the one I revised most for so I’m most happy about that,” he said.
For more Islington GCSE results and analysis, click here.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing