GCSE results: Success stories at Highbury Grove
- Credit: Archant
All eyes were on Highbury Grove this morning as students from the transformed school picked up their GCSE results.
Star pupil Daisy Corder was pleased with her eight A*s and three As, but not that surprised.
“It was about what I was expecting,” she told the Gazette. “But I wasn’t sure so it is a relief.”
Her friends Savannah Storey and Delilah Sykes were also celebrating a host of A grades, while fellow student Iqra Finiin got an impressive three A*s, seven As and one B.
So how did she feel when she opened the envelope? “I should have got an A in French,” said the teenager, who aspires to work in medicine.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrating with her was Mahamed Hersi, who was pleased to boast an A in English literature.
“I wasn’t expecting to get an A, but it’s the one I revised most for so I’m most happy about that,” he said.
For more Islington GCSE results and analysis, click here.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago