General Election 2019: Join us for Islington South & Finsbury election hustings
- Credit: Archant
Islington South & Finsbury election candidates will debate at St Mary’s Church in Upper Street on Tuesday.
Emily Thornberry (Labour), Jason Charalambous (Conservative), Kate Pothlingam (Lib Dems), Talia Hussain (Greens) and Paddy Hannam (Brexit Party) will all go head-to-head in a bid to win your vote.
Incoming Gazette editor André Langlois will chair the panel, where candidates will answer your pre-submitted questions on areas such as the NHS, Brexit, housing, crime, education, Universal Credit and more.
We'll then open it up to questions from the floor.
"It's really exciting to be involved in this event," said André. "Political discourse has never had such a high profile, and it's vital that the public get the chance to question the candidates chasing their votes."
You may also want to watch:
Stop shouting at the telly and come question the candidates.
You can get your free tickets here.
Doors will open at 6.45pm and we ask that everyone be seated by 7.15pm. The event will run from 7.30pm to 9pm.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 7 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
Please email questions on the aforementioned topics to email@example.com or tweet @islingtongztte.