Get set for GK Icon goalkeeper’s course
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Are you a budding Petr Cech or David Ospina? Do you want to follow in Matt Macey’s shoes or are you a promising Hugo Keto or Joao Virginia?
If so then North London will be among the places set to host a goalkeeper’s camp for passionate young netminders.
The programme, spearheaded by former Watford and Brentford goalkeeper Richard Lee will offer youngsters the change to learn from several current and former professional goalkeepers as part of GK Icon.
Richard was capped by England at U18 and U20 level making two substitute appearances for the latter. He was called up into the U21 squad, but did not make an appearance.
Richard said: “The UK has always had a pedigree for producing top class goalkeepers. It’s important we continue our rich tradition and reach out to the community to provide the tools and education to help players take their game to the next level.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on when the next course will be visit www.eventbrite.co.uk or call Simon Burnham on 07855 776766 or alternatively you can email him at email@example.com to learn more about this excellent initiative.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'