Get set for GK Icon goalkeeper’s course
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Are you a budding Petr Cech or David Ospina? Do you want to follow in Matt Macey’s shoes or are you a promising Hugo Keto or Joao Virginia?
If so then North London will be among the places set to host a goalkeeper’s camp for passionate young netminders.
The programme, spearheaded by former Watford and Brentford goalkeeper Richard Lee will offer youngsters the change to learn from several current and former professional goalkeepers as part of GK Icon.
Richard was capped by England at U18 and U20 level making two substitute appearances for the latter. He was called up into the U21 squad, but did not make an appearance.
Richard said: “The UK has always had a pedigree for producing top class goalkeepers. It’s important we continue our rich tradition and reach out to the community to provide the tools and education to help players take their game to the next level.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on when the next course will be visit www.eventbrite.co.uk or call Simon Burnham on 07855 776766 or alternatively you can email him at email@example.com to learn more about this excellent initiative.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing