Arsenal fans race to get tickets for the eagerly-anticipated Real Madrid legends game featuring Robert Pires and Ray Parlour to aid club’s charitable foundation
- Credit: Alan Walter
It’s fast becoming the hottest ticket in town for loyal Arsenal fans as they prepare to snap up seats for the eagerly-awaited charity match against Real Madrid Legends on Saturday, September 8 at the Emirates. Read on for details of how you can get tickets for this match.
Arsenal legends Robert Pires, Ray Parlour, David Seaman and Nigel Winterburn along with Jeremie Aliadiere – who won a Premier League winners medal in 2003-04 with the side that came to be known as the Invincibles – attended the launch event for their match against Real Madrid Legends.
The Gunners idols came together with Real Madrid legend, Clarence Seedorf to help raise awareness of the fixture which will see representatives of both clubs play against each other to raise4 money for the acclaimed Arsenal Foundation.
The match, which sees net proceeds from ticket sales donated to the foundation for a ground-breaking new football project, is the second leg of this charity fixture which ended 2-1 at the Santiago Bernabéu in early June.
The match, which will be played during the international break, will be at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday, September 8 – with a host of stars from the teams confirming their participation in the 90-minute exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
David O’Leary will be manager with Pat Rice as his assistant coach. Fans will see Tomas Rosicky, Freddie Ljungberg and Gilles Grimandi join Pires, Parlour, Seaman, Winterburn and Aliadiere in pulling on the red and white of the mighty Arsenal once again.
The legendary Pires – who will don the evocative number seven shirt to spark memories of his pomp – said: “We are all very excited to be taking part in this match after a close match in Madrid earlier this year.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
“Playing in front of the Arsenal fans is always an honour.
“Playing alongside some of my old team mates is very emotional. We all had such a great time in Madrid,
“I’m pleased we’re bringing the game back home and raising funds for the great work of The Arsenal Foundation.”
Real Madrid Legends’ travelling squad will include Brazil’s World Cup winners, Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos who will feature alongside Raul and Luis Figo, Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa.
Arsenal Legends v Real Madrid Legends, Emirates Stadium, Saturday, September 8, kick-off 2pm.
For full ticket details, including price categories and details of concessions, and to buy tickets visit arsenal.com.