Giant blow up fish made out of condoms star in new Hoxton exhibition
- Credit: Archant
An artist famous for his mushrooms is launching a psychedelic new exhibition.
Christiaan Nagel, whose pop-up fungi have graced buildings across the capital, presents The Fi Of The Underworld, at the Hoxton Gallery, Kingsland Road, Hoxton, tonight (Thursday).
The South African artist has created painted work, as well as giant blow up fish made out of condoms which appear to be breaking through the walls of the gallery.
Mr Nagel said: “They are made out of polyurethane, in other words condoms, which I blow up, spray and sculpt them. They are completely hollow inside.
“The whole exhibition is influenced by psilocybin mushrooms.
You may also want to watch:
“As people walk around, they will get a kind of ‘trippy’ experience.”
Fi of the Underworld runs from tonight until August 12.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 5 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 6 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 9 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 10 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back