Giant blow up fish made out of condoms star in new Hoxton exhibition
- Credit: Archant
An artist famous for his mushrooms is launching a psychedelic new exhibition.
Christiaan Nagel, whose pop-up fungi have graced buildings across the capital, presents The Fi Of The Underworld, at the Hoxton Gallery, Kingsland Road, Hoxton, tonight (Thursday).
The South African artist has created painted work, as well as giant blow up fish made out of condoms which appear to be breaking through the walls of the gallery.
Mr Nagel said: “They are made out of polyurethane, in other words condoms, which I blow up, spray and sculpt them. They are completely hollow inside.
“The whole exhibition is influenced by psilocybin mushrooms.
You may also want to watch:
“As people walk around, they will get a kind of ‘trippy’ experience.”
Fi of the Underworld runs from tonight until August 12.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington