Giant blow up fish made out of condoms star in new Hoxton exhibition
- Credit: Archant
An artist famous for his mushrooms is launching a psychedelic new exhibition.
Christiaan Nagel, whose pop-up fungi have graced buildings across the capital, presents The Fi Of The Underworld, at the Hoxton Gallery, Kingsland Road, Hoxton, tonight (Thursday).
The South African artist has created painted work, as well as giant blow up fish made out of condoms which appear to be breaking through the walls of the gallery.
Mr Nagel said: “They are made out of polyurethane, in other words condoms, which I blow up, spray and sculpt them. They are completely hollow inside.
“The whole exhibition is influenced by psilocybin mushrooms.
You may also want to watch:
“As people walk around, they will get a kind of ‘trippy’ experience.”
Fi of the Underworld runs from tonight until August 12.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 6 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 9 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London