Gig preview: Singer-songwriter Jack Savoretti set to play Scala in King’s Cross
Anyone lucky enough to hear Jack Savoretti’s stunning set at The Borderline earlier this year will no doubt have been among the first in line for tickets to his next London appearance, at Scala in King’s Cross on Tuesday.
The singer/songwriter arrives at the Pentonville Road venue on the crest of a wave of critical acclaim, and deep into a UK tour which will take him from Exeter to Edinburgh via 17 other cities.
And with plenty of airplay around his Before The Storm album, a growing army of fans will be looking forward to Tuesday’s gig with relish.
Happiest when on the road with his band The Dirty Romantics, his latest single, Breaking The Rules, is a nod towards dealing with the pressures of touring.
‘‘It is probably the first song I’ve written where I’m talking about what I do instead of how I feel. It’s about doing things on your own terms... and that’s what touring is really all about,’’ he said.
You may also want to watch:
‘‘The last tour was far too short. Just when we were getting really into it we had to come home. There’s nothing worse.
‘‘This time around we are out for longer, playing to more people and in places I’ve never been before.’’
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
Before The Storm is his third studio album and by far his biggest success, though it was his duet with Sienna Miller, Hate & Love, which brought him most attention after it was used in The Vampire Diaries.
He’s been described as ‘‘astonishing in every way’’ by Janice Long and his romantic introspective poetry and raw honesty is earning him a reputation as one of the country’s finest songwriters.
There will also be a surprise in store as the La Scala gig will feature the winners of a competition he ran online, asking fans to upload a video of themselves covering Breaking The Rules.
Tickets are still available for the gig at Scala. For more information call 020 7833 2022.