Gillespie Apple Day: Celebrating ‘British apples and sustainability’
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of “British apples and sustainability” will take place in a Finsbury Park nature reserve next week.
People can savour all things apple at the event, from juicing to tasting, and there will be a display of heritage treats from Brogdale National fruit collection.
The annual experience, which is hosted at the Islington Ecology Centre, will also showcase live music, games and activities highlighting the problem of food waste.
Pat Tuson, of Friends of Gillespie Park (FGP), said: “It’s all about British apples, sustainability and community fun.
“You’ll be amazed at how many varieties of apples there are, come along on Apple Day and enjoy them.
You may also want to watch:
“Heritage apples will be on sale throughout the day and apple themed fare can be bought from our popular Sunday Cafe in the Eco Centre.”
FGP and Islington Ecology Centre have organised the event, which runs from 12pm to 4pm and is open to everyone.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault