Gillespie Apple Day: Celebrating ‘British apples and sustainability’
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of “British apples and sustainability” will take place in a Finsbury Park nature reserve next week.
People can savour all things apple at the event, from juicing to tasting, and there will be a display of heritage treats from Brogdale National fruit collection.
The annual experience, which is hosted at the Islington Ecology Centre, will also showcase live music, games and activities highlighting the problem of food waste.
Pat Tuson, of Friends of Gillespie Park (FGP), said: “It’s all about British apples, sustainability and community fun.
“You’ll be amazed at how many varieties of apples there are, come along on Apple Day and enjoy them.
You may also want to watch:
“Heritage apples will be on sale throughout the day and apple themed fare can be bought from our popular Sunday Cafe in the Eco Centre.”
FGP and Islington Ecology Centre have organised the event, which runs from 12pm to 4pm and is open to everyone.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern