Gillespie Park 2019: Annual apple appreciation event returning to Islington Ecology Centre this weekend
- Credit: Archant
An annual shindig celebrating Britain’s vast variety of apples is returning to Gillespie Park on Sunday.
Everyone's invited to the free Gillespie Park Apple Day, which will run from noon to 4pm at Islington Ecology Centre.
There will be 27 different types of heritage apples from Brogdale National Fruit Collection to sample on the day, plus live music, stalls and games for kids.
People can try apple tasting and juicing, then buy their own heritage treats from the Sunday Cafe in the Eco Centre.
Pat Tuson, from Friends of Gillespie Park, told the Gazette: "It's a really fun day out. Everybody enjoys it. It's about sustainability - our climate is perfect for apple growing."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "You'll be amazed at hoe many varieties of apples there are, come along to Gillespie Park on apple day and enjoy them."
Friends of Gillespie Park and Islington Ecology Centre have organised the event.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension