Gillespie Park 2019: Annual apple appreciation event returning to Islington Ecology Centre this weekend
- Credit: Archant
An annual shindig celebrating Britain’s vast variety of apples is returning to Gillespie Park on Sunday.
Everyone's invited to the free Gillespie Park Apple Day, which will run from noon to 4pm at Islington Ecology Centre.
There will be 27 different types of heritage apples from Brogdale National Fruit Collection to sample on the day, plus live music, stalls and games for kids.
People can try apple tasting and juicing, then buy their own heritage treats from the Sunday Cafe in the Eco Centre.
Pat Tuson, from Friends of Gillespie Park, told the Gazette: "It's a really fun day out. Everybody enjoys it. It's about sustainability - our climate is perfect for apple growing."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "You'll be amazed at hoe many varieties of apples there are, come along to Gillespie Park on apple day and enjoy them."
Friends of Gillespie Park and Islington Ecology Centre have organised the event.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago